Class A M-2 AIS Transponder
The Transas M-2 Automatic Identification System (AIS) Transponder (Type A) is designed the types of vessels which are required by legislation to fit AIS equipmentThe system operates through the automatic exchange of navigational, static and voyage information between the ships and coastal stations whilst operating in the open sea and coastal waters. Certified, well-proven technology ensures users of the reliability and quality.
As per the requirements stated in Chapter 5 ‘Safety of Navigation’ of the international SOLAS Convention, after 2004 all ships of 300 gross tonnage and upwards must be fitted out with AIS equipment.
Features and Benefits
- High quality, low maintenance system from the world’s eading supplier of marine electronics;
- Large LCD Minimum Keyboard Display;
- Graphical presentation of targets;
- Long range possibilities;
- Display of AIS messages from aids to navigation, if installed on lighthouses and buoys;
- Short Message Service;
- Reduction of global VHF voice traffic;
- Three modes of operation: autonomous and continuous mode for operation in all the regions; assigned mode for operation in an area subject to a competent authority; a polling or control mode where the data transfer occurs on response to interrogation of vessels or competent authorities.
Interfaced with Transas Navi-Sailor ECDIS / ECS it provides the following capabilities:
- Display of AIS targets on the screen
- Full target information
- Sending and receiving messages and target information
- Fast search of targets by name, IMO number, MMSI, and call sign; highlighting of the selected target on the electronic chart screen.
Transas AIS Class B makes peace of mind affordable
Fitting an AIS Transponder helps you to see and be seen in all weather conditions, automatically identifying vessels in your area, helping you and your crew to stay safe.
- Instantly switch between ‘receive’ only and ‘transmit and receive only’ modes for communication on your terms
- Enables direct communication with other AIS targets, helping to avoid situations that can cause net damage
- Available with the Transas world renowned Navigator software FREE and worth €300!
The compact AIS Class B unit is suitable for a variety of applications within the AIS environment. Certified, well-proven technology ensures users of the reliability and quality which has become the hallmark of Transas in today’s fast moving marine industry.
A VHF Antenna splitter will
make installation much easier as well as save cost for an additional
antenna. Since it is normally not possible to have two VHF antennas in
the top of a mast on a sailboat. The VHF Antenna splitter solves the
problem and you can optimize the coverage on all your VHF radio
equipment by being able to put the antenna at the highest position for
all the equipments. The VHF splitter also works with combined antenna
systems like e.g. VHF/GSM or VHF/FM radio. The VHF Antenna splitter
will not be able to work with two active units like a VHF and AIS